Arkansas Unemployment Payment Benefits

Any individual who is unemployed and has been affirmed by the Arkansas Department of Workforce Service Laws is eligible to receive the unemployment compensation.

Source of Unemployment Payment

By calculating the total wages paid to the employees in the determined base period an employer needs to pay tax as per the laws of unemployment payment. To know more about this check out How to apply for Unemployment guide.

Responsibility of an Employer

It is the duty of any employer to inform instantly by mailing process once the claim is filed. It is required to be informed that whether he/she was their last employee or not and also if he/she was the base period employer or not. [Note: The base period is defined as the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters prior to the filing of an unemployment insurance claim.]

UI Benefit Claimants Eligibility

  • Be fully or partially unemployed
  • Be unemployed through no fault of your own [the law imposes disqualifications for certain types of separations from employment]
  • Be physically and mentally able to work full time
  • Be available for full-time work
  • Be registered with the Arkansas Works Centre
  • Be active in seeking work by making reasonable efforts to find employment each week
  • Participate in selected reemployment services if you are identified as a dislocated worker by the profiling system
  • File your weekly claims as directed.

As a Claimant is it necessary to return any Income Tax on my Unemployment Compensation

Of course yes, Unemployment Benefits are subjected to the Tax of Federal Income. According to the rules of The Arkansas DWS, it deducts 10% of weekly benefit amount for the payment of Federal Income Tax. If in case you have opted for income tax deduction, you will not be asked to pay quarterly estimated tax on the income you receive on your Unemployment Benefits.

To know more about Arkansas unemployment check out our Arkansas Unemployment Benefits guide. If you are not paying your weekly income tax then you need to consult the IRS or the person in contact who prepares your tax plan.

Comments are closed.